The NST has started the School Sponsorship Programme with the following objectives:
- To promote the use of newspapers as an alternative teaching material in classroom
- To supplement the Education Ministry’s effort towards improving the standard of English among students
- To promote the value of a caring society and encourage the practice of giving back to the community
- Min 1 copy per day x 103 school days (6 months) = RM82.40
- Min 1 copy per day x 205 school days (12 months) = RM164.00
- Min 5 copies per day x 205 school days (12 months) = RM820.00
This writer and his wife will be doing our little part by sponsoring schools from our hometown Batu Pahat. Under the programme, you are allowed to choose which school you would like to sponsor from a list of schools published.
For those who can afford to help, you may sponsor via credit cards here, or you may instead print out a sponsorship form here and post your cheque to NST.
As publicised by the NST a few weeks earlier:
Under the programme, the NST, together with its sister daily Berita Harian, will work with the Education Ministry to supply the NST to schools, especially in rural areas.Some 285 schools and more than 10,000 students have been selected for the programme.For further enquiries, please call Mohd Azali Abdul or Fauzi Che’ Chik of the School Sponsorship Programme unit at 03-2282-3131 ext 2852/5108. You will also be able to follow the updates on the programme practically on a daily basis through the NST website. I'm a believer that every little bit helps :)