The Nottingham Games is billed as the largest Malaysian sporting event in the UK, this year’s game was the biggest so far involving more than 7,000 Malaysian students from 70 universities across UK.
What was interesting however, was the extensive nature of the dialogue, presentations and discussions with the Malaysian students. For a start, the panelists included:
- Dato Mustapa Mohammed, our Minister of Higher Education
- Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein, our Minister of Education
- Dato’ Dr. Sharifah Hapsah Syed Hassan Shahabudin, Vice-Chancellor, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Prof. Dato’ Dr. Dzulkifli Abdul Razak Naib Canselor, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Dato' Dr. Salleh bin Hassan, Education Planning & Research Division Deputy Director, MOE
- Pn Hajah Noor Rezan Bapoo Hashim, School Division Director, MOE
- Dr Habibah Abdul Rahim, Education Planning & Research Division Deputy Director, MOE
- Dr. Mohd. Padhil bin Hashim, Planning & Research Division, MOHE
I would also not comment on the potential outcome of the dialogue and exchange which you can read in here, here or here.
What I would love to have happen however, is for the respective Ministries to hold such functions here. I'm certain that there will be plenty like me, who wouldn't hesitate to write papers, present and attend such dialogues if held in the country, not out of it.