The Descartes Education Counselling Centre (DECC) is a non-profit organisation which hopes to act as a port-of-call to ease some of the problems regarding opportunities for furthering education. Previous activities have included helping students in the application process to top universities such as Ivy League, Liberal Arts Colleges and Oxbridge in England and also providing guidance for career and employment opportunities
We are now looking for a more permanent establishment to provide for continuing service to students. This inaugural DECC Committee will oversee the setting up of the DECC as a permanent feature in the Malaysian educational landscape and will be heavily involved in determining the long-term role of the DECC.
- Director – to determine the direction of the organisation and to ensure the smooth operations of all projects
- Publicity manager – to ensure the objectives and activities of the DECC are made known to the target audience
- Web development manager – to set up and maintain the DECC website
- Educational Co-ordinator – to liase between students and regional co-ordinators to ensure efficient response of enquiries
- Regional Co-ordinators – divided by regions, including local, Asia-Pacific, UK, US and Europe, to have knowledge on opportunities for tertiary education in the regions
- Graduate Co-ordinators – in charge of enquiries regarding graduate education opportunities and employment
Just drop an e-mail to teesuiseng(at)gmail(dot)com, with a short description of your background and how you think you can contribute to the DECC; either by filling one of the positions above or any other way. Any enquiries or suggestions are also welcome and we hope to hear from you soon!